North Korea Driving Licence or Driver Permit

North Korea Driving Licence : Getting a driver’s license in North Korea involves a few key steps:

  • Meeting eligibility requirements
  • Studying for and passing written and driving tests
  • Submitting required documentation
  • Paying licensing fees
  • Getting license printed

The process is overseen by the Ministry of Public Security. Licenses must be renewed every 5-10 years.

Eligibility Requirements

To get a license in North Korea, you must:

  • Be at least 18 years old
  • Pass vision and medical exams
  • Complete required driving education
  • Pass written and driving tests

You’ll also need paperwork like ID cards, health certificates, and proof of completed driving education.

Mandatory Driving Education

Before taking license tests, you must complete mandatory driving education classes. These cover:

  • Traffic laws, rules, and safety
  • Proper driving techniques
  • Basic vehicle maintenance
  • Emergency procedures
  • First aid

Classes involve lectures, driving simulations, and supervised behind-the-wheel practice. You must complete a minimum number of instructional hours.

License Tests

Licensing tests are administered by the Ministry of Public Security.

Written Exam

The written test covers:

  • Traffic laws and regulations
  • Safe driving practices
  • Road sign meanings

You’ll need to correctly answer a minimum number of questions to pass.

Driving Test

For the driving test, you must provide a safe, roadworthy vehicle. Examiners will assess your:

  • Vehicle control
  • Ability to observe traffic laws
  • Defensive driving skills
  • Parking and maneuvering
  • Overall on-road performance

Serious errors may result in immediate failure.

Fees and Documentation

You’ll need to pay license printing fees. Required documentation includes:

  • Application form
  • ID card
  • Health certificates
  • Proof of education
  • Passport photos
  • Exam results

License Renewal and Replacement

Licenses must be renewed every 5-10 years. You may need to retake tests or undergo medical exams.

To replace a lost or damaged license, apply at your local Driving Administrative Service within 15 days. You’ll need to submit paperwork and pay fees.

Traffic Violations and Penalties

Common traffic violations include:

  • Speeding
  • Running red lights
  • Not yielding right of way
  • Using a mobile phone while driving
  • Driving without a license

Fines, license suspension, and jail time are potential penalties. More serious offenses can result in permanent license revocation.

Address Changes

If your address changes, you must update it on your license within 15 days. Bring your license and ID card to your local Driving Administrative Service.

Taking Your License Abroad

Your North Korean license may not be valid abroad. Get an International Driving Permit and verify license reciprocity before driving overseas.

FAQ on North Korea Driving Licence

Q: How old do I need to be to get a license in North Korea?

A: You must be at least 18 years old to obtain a driver’s license in North Korea.

Q: What documents do I need to bring to get a new license?

A: Required documents include your ID card, health certificates, proof of completed driving education, passport photos, and license application forms.

Q: Is there a written knowledge test?

A: Yes, you will need to pass a written exam covering traffic laws, regulations, signs, and safe driving practices.

Q: What happens during the driving test?

A: Examiners will assess your control of the vehicle, ability to follow traffic laws, parking/maneuvering, and overall on-road performance.

Q: How much does it cost to get a new license in North Korea?

A: You will need to pay license printing fees, which vary by province. Expect to pay around 30,000-50,000 North Korean won.

Q: How long is a North Korean driver’s license valid for?

A: Licenses must be renewed every 5-10 years. You may need to retake tests or get new medical clearance.

Q: Can I drive in other countries with a North Korean license?

A: Maybe, but an International Driving Permit is recommended. Verify license reciprocity agreements before driving overseas.

Q: What should I do if my license is lost or stolen?

A: Report it within 15 days and apply for a replacement at your local Driving Administrative Service. Fees may apply.

Q: Do traffic violations impact my license?

A: Yes, you may face fines, suspension, revocation, or jail time depending on the offense. Driving uninsured is illegal.